Access to the ATA Airline Inventory Re-Distribution System database of secondhand parts or surplus stock.
- Allows subscribers to view data and part owners to update, delete and add information on their aircraft parts.
- Provides purchasers of aircraft parts and supporting equipment with accurate and up-to-date data to identify sources of immediately available parts and equipment.
Purpose and Benefits
The inventory redistribution process defines the procedures for updating and receiving information such as part number, condition and stock availability from the Airline Inventory Redistribution System (AIRS) central data base.
The program provides purchasers of aircraft parts and supporting equipment accurate and up-to-date data to identify sources of immediately available parts and equipment.
When a part is needed, it is usually as soon as possible. This program is dedicated to satisfying that need.
The Air Transport Association (ATA) AIRS program provides a means by which participants may publish and disseminate worldwide in a single source document a listing of their airframe, avionics, testing equipment, engine, expendable, rotables, tooling and ground equipment utilised by airlines and which are available for sale
This program has on-line data capability providing immediate add-on, delete and correction capabilities, assuring the most complete and current parts availability information.
A1TOADDR and A1FRADDR
The above allows the user to input 20 characters of data with any command code in SPEC 2000 Chapter 12 and have the data returned in the response message.
The 20 characters are determined by the user (originator) and could be a person's name, buyer reference. The characters could also be a code to identify the destination of a message if it is to be routed via a company's internal email system.
- A1FRADDR is on the second line of text following the CAM line, and is used by the user who sends the message.
- A1TOADDR is on the second line and is used by the recipient when responding to the above.
Please note: The recipient's system does not retain the 20 characters of data however, they are returned in the immediate response.
- A1STOCKS - Manufacturers' part numbers, if listed in the AIRS database can be obtained.
- A1QUOTES - Enables quotation requests to be transmitted listing part numbers on the AIRS database.
- A1SEARCH - Allows a search, via dash or last digits, of the AIRS database file for variations in part numbers.
- A1UPDATE - Via online message transactions to the AIRS database, the user may revise, add or delete part number information. The central agency will compile updates which will be mailed to designated customers.
- A1ADDPRT - The command allows a part to be added to the AIRS database.
- A1QTYINC - The command allows the quantity of AIRS database listed parts to be increased by the owner.
- A1QTYDEC - The command allows the quantity of AIRS database listed parts to be decreased by the owner. Parts may also be deleted by the owner using this command.
- A1CHANGE - The following data elements may be changed by the owner of an existing record on the AIRS database.
Airline Stock Number (ASN)
Currency Code (CUR)
Keyword Name (KWD)
Unit Price Amount (UNP)
Unit of Measure Code (UNT)
Unit Inventory Value (UNV)
- A1NUPDTE - (discontinued by AIRS Central Database) - Allows deletions or additions from the Needs file
- A1NEDINQ - (discontinued by AIRS Central Database) - Allows authorised addresses to inquire as to part numbers he has on the Needs file.
- A1GRDINQ - (discontinued by AIRS Central Database) - Allows for status of an item by keyword description contained in the Tools, Test and Ground Equipment Inventory File.
- A1GRDADD - (discontinued by AIRS Central Database) - Allows items to be added to the Tools, Test and Ground Equipment Inventory File.
- A1GRDDEL - (discontinued by AIRS Central Database) - Allows items to be deleted from the Tools, Test and Ground Equipment Inventory File.
- A1CNTACT - Allows identification of customer/owner codes that appear on on-line messages and statistical reports. The file contains information pertaining to company name, sales and purchasing agents' names, contact numbers, SITA/ARINC addresses etc.